Butternut Squash & Kale Risotto – from Naive Cook Cooks
Main Course – 4 servings
3 cups chopped butternut squash
1 cup finely chopped kale
1 Tbsp oil
Salt & Pepper to tatse
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup arborio rice
3/4 cup white wine
2.5 – 3 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup shredded asiagio or parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp thyme
1) In a pot warm vegetable stock and keep it aside.
2) In another pan, add butter.To it add squash and salt & pepper. Cook until fully cooked and a bit carmelized; transfer to a plate.
3) To the same pot add oliveoil. Once warm add garlic & onion; saute for a few minutes. Add rice and stir for 2 – 3 minutes. Add wine & stir continuously until wine is absorbed. Add 1/2 cup at a time of the warm vegetable stock stirring constantly.once the liquid is absorbed add another 1/2 cup.
4) When the rice is al dente (but still has a bite to it), add salt pepper, thyme, butter, cheese and mix.
5) Add squash & kale and stir. I fit feels too thick add another 1/2 cup of stock or water. Cook on low to taste and adjust seasonings
**a good amount of red chile flakes may be added at the end to give it a little kick!
LISA’S BROCCOLI SALAD
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups Mango
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1 lb. bacon – fried and crumbled
2 lb. broccoli florets
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups red grapes
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Toss salad with dressing and refrigerate for a few hours before serving